Friday, November 19, 2010

Hungry, I come to You for I know you satisfy...

Hungry by pretty much every artist, but David Crowder version is a fav. of mine.

When I think of hunger my first instinct is to think of the last time I ate, my next meal or as far as camp goes who should be at a meal who is doing other work instead/how can we get them food?.

I think that I have gone numb to the lack of food in our world and the number of people, esp. children that are starving for food.

I am doing the 30hour famine. I am in the midst of it as I type. It's been 8 hours since I ate and I am already feeling it. I still have clean water and Gatorade to drink at any point in time, and when I am ready to break my fast, a lot of food including April's yummy rock 'n rolls are at my disposal.

To me it has all become sad. I am taking even the simple of things not only for granted, but as my own. Both are wrong. 1 and 6 go to bed hungry every night, and that's not because they skipped a meal or decided not to eat for thirty hours. 1 billion people, I cant really fathom that, but that's a lot, and that statistic should never not mean something. Even while I do this famine, kids are dying everywhere not just from hunger, and not just in Africa.

SO the question is what's next? This is the step that Christians like myself, and even the Church get stuck on, that next step. The action step if you will. And so today my cause is hunger. Because what really is 30 hours. I mean I love the organization and the money they raise and the money the youth have raised, but afterwards how can we continue to think about those who are hungry and less fortunate. Really those that are in need. Sometimes I think I am in need, but after a semester in DC and a lot of time to think about my wealth...Def. not in need. My house, food, and space are all provided. I have more than enough.

And so my hunger should only be for the Lord, not in the stuff.

"Hungry I come to You for I know you satisfy". What a line.

My cause today will be world hunger, knowing God can take up our causes and fight for us.

Psalm 37:5-6 (NIV) Commit your way to the Lord; trust in him and he will do this: [6] He will make your righteousness shine like the dawn, the justice of your cause like the noonday sun.

Praise GOD for taking up our causes.

Tash

No comments: