Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Rid me of myself, I belong to You....

Lead Me To The Cross by Brooke Fraser/Hillsong

A song that I have grown to love. A lot of the time I am not really into that popular Christian praise music other than in church, but the line is so good. Here are the lyrics to the chorus. Tell me they aren't awesome.

Lead me to the cross
Where Your love poured out
Bring me to my knees
Lord I lay me down
Rid me of myself
I belong to You
Lead me, lead me to the cross


It speaks wonders into my life, because pride as always is my struggle and it seems to be embedded in my flesh so it's nice to have been 'ridded' of myself. I don't know though. It's really hard, but has been my prayer because I want my only motivation to be loving Him and loving others. I want that to be why I am living and why I do everything I do, and it's def. not. Sometimes, but not enough of the time.

And so I am boasting when I am weak, knowing God is the only one who will give me the strength to rid me of myself.

May I NEVER forget who I belong too.

Tashie

1 comment:

j.p. said...

This is more like it. Girl, I miss you so much. Pray for you often.