Monday, January 3, 2011

Because here is where You're finding me, in the exact same place as New Year's eve....

Relient K 'i celebrate the day'

"Because here is where You're finding me, in the exact same place as New Year's eve
And from a lack of my persistency, we're less than half as close as I want to be"

Love this song because it's about Christmas, but the lyrics highlighted above are more about resolutions or that idea we have about New Years and it being ya know new and then getting to the end of the year and not keeping them. Who am I kidding my resolutions never lasted month.

They say it takes 31 days to break a habit, but only 1 day to break it. Those are not wonderful odds, and I am still not really sure what is ever meant by "they" in quotes/stats like these but I am not doing resolutions for a third year in a row because I am not looking to create habits. I am totally going for a lifestyle change. I want the things I do to be part of who I am not the other way around.

I am not one to do things just to do them, so I am hoping that because I love Jesus and want to love Him more these lifestyle changes will follow.

I do not want to be " less than half as close as i used to be" around this time next year.

In closing I am boycotting resolutions, and just deciding to love God with everything I am and more than ever before.

No comments: